Quilted Pillows in Denim and Whites

    Last night I made a bit of progress on our living room by sewing two new pillows for the leather couch. A log cabin pattern:

    And a stripe with added crocheted trim in ecru and white:

    I like all white rooms, but I wanted to add some denim and a bit of colour to our living room work in progress. Besides neutrals, I love blue in many shades and use it in most rooms in our home in some way.
    I added some white and ecru crocheted trim for interest on the striped pillow. Both pillows have drop cloth backs to tie in with the ruffled pillows.
    I also switched out the more formal gold lamps for these Restoration Hardware look-alike lamps from our family room.

    I'm still considering all the suggestions on wall colour and working with paint chips for now.
    The cost for these pillows was $0. I already had the bits of crocheted trim, drop cloth fabric, white denim left over from slipcovers, piles of denim from jeans and the down inserts. 

    Denim and neutrals make me smile! Okay, serious infatuation here.
    I could have gone to HomeSense and found some pillows that work. Maybe they would have been more trendy or stylish but these are ME. These suit our home and our casual family style. They also bring the denim and white I love so much together, into our living room.

    I am finally learning what my design style is and I think these pillows suit the Prairie Pretty look that I like. I can't decide which pillow is my favourite.




Post Title

Quilted Pillows in Denim and Whites


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/01/quilted-pillows-in-denim-and-whites.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List