Cozy projects for a cold winter day

    In the quiet moments post Christmas, between the guests and loads of laundry, I have been doing some stitching.
    I finished knitting a super thick and chunky, warm and cozy scarf. Today I started a coordinating crocheted hat, Peruvian ski style with ear flaps. Yes, ear flaps. Not high fashion, but definitely warm and cozy.  Our winters can be very cold and snowy. We spend a lot of time (often at 6 a.m.) at hockey arenas and at the toboggan hill, so warm hats and scarves come in very handy. The colours I used are Oatmeal (natural beige with strands of chocolate and black) and True Black, both Wool-Ease Thick & Quick from Lion Brand. The hat will have an Oatmeal edging and tassels to tie the two pieces together. I love the chunky texture and flecks of colour in both. I'll show the finished hat very soon, but please forgive me if I'm not wearing the hat in the picture. Depends how dorky it looks.


Post Title

Cozy projects for a cold winter day


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/12/cozy-projects-for-cold-winter-day.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List