Tablescape Thurs. - Silent NIght, Holy Night



    Today is one of my favorite days of the week because of the gracious Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch hosting these fun and fabulous Tablescape Thursdays. Be sure to visit and see what a wonderful tablescape she has created and a list of all the participants.

    My table today is more of a serene and reverent tablescape, depicting Silent Night - Holy Night. I've used my church, an angel and a dove to create the atmosphere for the table. The blue and white also reminds me of night and winter snow.


    The Church birdhouse I found earlier in the year at TJMaxx. I really love this piece, it reminds me of all the beautiful country churches I see in small towns.


    The finials look like steeples, the beautiful filigree on the eaves of the roof and even the shingles have a lovely texture.


    My angel was found at GW early this year and I love that she is holding a heart that says JOY with 3 stars coming out of the heart. Her face is so pretty and the glow of the candle makes her look even more angelic.


    There's a Christmas Ornament by each placesetting. These ornaments are for each person to write something they are Praying for or a Blessing they have received on the ornament and then it will be placed on the tree. Over the years our tree has accumulated a lot of Prayer/Blessing ornaments.


    I copied everyone in blogland and bought the vases and candlesticks at the Dollar Tree and made these lovely hurricanes. A little ribbon and a bell decorate the stem.


    The hanging from the chandelier view.


    I'm using blue and white placemats and napkins for each placesetting along with a mix of blue and white dishes.


    The bowl is Johnson Bros. Blue Willow from GW.


    The salad plate are the famous Gollum Big Lots dishes.


    The dinner plate is Staffordshire Ironstone Liberty Blue - Independence Hall also from GW.


    The charger is Roscher from Home Goods and my everyday flatware.


    The blue stem glasses are from the Dollar Tree and the dark blue glasses are from GW.


    A thrifty table to celebrate the season and the meaning of Christmas.


    Thanks for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits and hope to see you again soon. I pray the Lord will Bless you beyond measure this wonderful Christmas Season.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Silent NIght, Holy Night


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/12/tablescape-thurs-silent-night-holy.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List