Met/Mosaic Monday-Deck The Halls Tues.



    Today I am again joining three different parties, now how much fun is that!!! I am joining Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday, Mary @ Little Red House for Mosaic Monday and Susan @ Thoughts From Over The Rainbow for Deck The Halls Tuesday. You will definitely want to check out all three of these wonderful memes and see all the stunning creations everyone has come up with.

    Well, the boxes all finally came out of the attic and when they landed this is what the living room looked like. I was just about ready to skip the whole thing and put them all back. lol Such a mess.


    Once I took a deep breath, I thought I would start on the Dining Table and Buffet first. This is what it looked like for Thanksgiving.


    After digging through some of the boxes, this is what it looks like for Christmas. I am determined not to buy anything new this year, so I am trying hard to recreate with what I have. I tied some Christmas ribbon on the candlesticks, added my wonderful Santa that I found years ago, changed the floral arrangement a little along with the table runner and called it done.


    To change out the buffet, I put down a gorgeous Gold and Cream table runner that was a gift I won at Printersdevil - Playing Dishes Christmas In July giveaway. It is just perfect for the buffet. I added my little Church birdhouse along with the Bible telling the story of Jesus Birth and a wonderful little Crown ornament that I had that signifies that Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Next to that is my precious Nativity scene that was my MIL's. I put Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus under a cloche and the cow and one of the wise men beside them. My MIL bought this set in the 50"s and I am so thrilled that these pieces have survived and that she gave them to me.


    After a few more hours work and the help of DH to put the tree up and move the furniture a little, taaa daaa we have a Christmas Tree.


    A few decorations for the coffee table and end table.




    A view looking back to the dining area.


    My Raggedy Andy Santa found a comfortable spot on the leather wingback chair. He's resting up for the big event.


    Some garland and a few balls and bows on the top of The China Cabinet and I've called it good for now. I still have more to do, but at least I'm off to a start.


    This is a mosaic of our tree and decorations. These are all ornaments that I bought when I first got married and have added to over the years, plus a few that were my Mother and MIL's. Some of the ornaments were also gifts from the children and grandchildren over the years and they are all precious to me.




    Thank you all so much for making the "Holiday Cloche Party" such a huge success. If you havn't made the rounds yet you will definitely want to check them all out. Every single one of the participants had beautiful and creative vignettes that were so stunning and such inspiration. I had a ball looking at all of them. If you would please vote on the poll on my sidebar for when you would like to have another "Cloche Party", I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Post Title

Met/Mosaic Monday-Deck The Halls Tues.


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/12/metmosaic-monday-deck-halls-tues.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List