New Colours for our Outdoor Room

    With Spring just around the corner, I decided it was a great time to start a plan for our outdoor spaces.
    Late last summer we built our patio and bought a sectional set and gazebo to make better use of our backyard. I've collected some fabics, dishes and accessories to add some much needed colour this year.  Our new patio and furniture last year:


    Inside our home we use lots of neutrals with blues and greens being our accent colours. I was going to play it safe and use neutrals outdoors but decided some brighter colours would be fun.The principle of using similar colours and materials both inside and outside will, I think, help to make our new outdoor 'room' look like it belongs with the rest of our home. These colours will go well with our exterior house colours too.

                                        

    I bought these fabrics for $4, $7 (half price outdoor fabric) and $5 a metre. It is decorator fabric and nice and wide. Three metres for a less than 20 bucks. The safe me first chose the stripe and then the paisley. Totally me. The other floral is really stepping out of my comfort zone, but I love the aqua blue it adds. My plan for now is to make some pillows for the sectional and Muskoka chairs. 


    We don't want to spend too much so I shopped the house and in ten minutes came up with a few accessories that we can use for relaxing or entertaining.


    This dinner set is from The Evelyn Collection by Tracy Porter and I found them on sale at Canadian Tire last year. I love the floral pattern and the wavy edge of the plates. 

    I will add big pots of plants and maybe some small shrubs to the patio. Lots of candles in mason jars and hopefully this year when we set up the gazebo we will remember to add some mini LED lights.

    We have a ton of spring yard and garden work to start, but for now our lawns are too soft and wet. By late April and early May our garden centres will be full of beautiful plants, shrubs and accessories. I would love to buy it all, but I will keep our budget in mind as I make choices. With the patio as inspiration this year, I think that will be harder than ever. I can hardly wait to get started! I'll have to see what else I can find in our basement to use in our new outdoor room. We also need to come up with some kind of small table and chairs for dining. I'm not overly fond of traditional patio table sets and would like to use a real table. I'll have to see about that though. Have you started planning or sprucing up your outdoor spaces? 

    I'm linking to Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage. Stop by and check out all the other great links.


    I'm also linking to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest. Fabric deals and shopping the house should count, eh?

    I'm also linking to Just A Girl's Show and Share Day. Stop by!

Post Title

New Colours for our Outdoor Room


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-colours-for-our-outdoor-room.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List