Springridge Farm ~ My post works this time

    This beautiful home was featured in Style at Home magazine last year.
     This modern farmhouse is the home of Laura and John Hughes who own Springridge Farm in Milton, Ontario.  
     The views over the Niagara Escarpment would be spectacular from these windows.


    Above Images: Style at Home magazine
     On the same property is Springridge Farm, a wonderful example of local agri-business. Springridge has seasonal activities for young and old and a gift shop, cafe, bakery, farm yard, and wagon rides to pick seasonal produce and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
    All Images below: springridgefarm.com
    I'm really looking forward to local strawberries in June. We ran out of homemade strawberry jam in December and our kids are really missing it.
    The farm has special events including Harvest Festival, Christmas Open House, Easter Egg Hunt, school tours, birthday parties, Strawberry Festival and more.
    I'm longing for flowers and starting my gardening!
    The gift shop has so many neat home and garden accessories and unique gifts. The restored 19th century barn is nestled on the side of the Niagara Escarpment. The setting is spectacular. The farm yard is full of fun activities for kids. Straw mazes, a giant sandbox, farm animals, corn trails, straw bale jumping, straw bale pyramid, antique tractors and wagon rides. 
    ]
    The gift shop is located on two levels of an old 19th century barn. The main entrance to the barn is an enclosed deck with outdoor decorator items and gifts and the main floor has a wonderful assortment of home items, bakery, cafe, and preserves. I can easily spend an hour or more browsing while my husband and the kids spend time in the farm yard. I have even made trips by myself just to enjoy the cafe and gift shop.
     
    I'm getting hungry looking at the next pictures!
    Springridge has a 'green statement' and visitors can learn about the many many ways the family has run a green business and the history of their farm in this their 50th year. The washroom facilities are very clean, modern and are eco-conscious.
    If you visit, let me know what you think.

    Springridge Farm

    7256 Bell School Line

    Milton, ON L9T 2Y1
    Open from April 1st to Christmas.

     
    {Note: This is not an advertisement. I have received no compensation for this. It is a local farm our family has enjoyed visiting for many years and one I thought people in our area may enjoy visiting.} 

Post Title

Springridge Farm ~ My post works this time


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/03/springridge-farm-my-post-works-this.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List