Colour Challenge

    Donna at Funky Junk Interiors invited us to link up some Colour Challenges as part of her 3000 Followers event. She challenged us to  "find something (small and easy) you've always wanted to try in a fun colour. Go ahead and just paint it! Or, find a colourful object that's just outside of your comfort zone."
    I prefer to use neutrals in our home, and add in mostly blues for hits of colour. I first used this aqua on the inside of the little pie cabinet in our kitchen two years ago. It was a nice way to add some colour without commiting too much. I liked seeing a peek of it through the glass. Still inside my comfort zone. This past summer I painted and restained our farmhouse kitchen table and chairs and decided to go with the aqua for the barstools. I wanted to paint them white but didn't want them to blend into the white cabinets. I still want to paint them white. Nice safe neutral white. This much aqua is definitely outside my comfort zone.
    This is the espresso brown before, chips and all.
    The little wooden shelf unit is going back in our cold storage. This weekend I picked up two of the same shelves, only taller, from IKEA and plan to use them in that spot until I find a narrow cabinet. K, our 13 year old, is assembling them right now!
    I always admire people who live with so much colour in their homes, particularly red. I'm definitely not brave enough for that. I have tried mauve and pink with blues in the 80's, yellow and green with blues in the late 90's, but I'm most comfortable with my neutrals, black and blues.
    Thanks, Donna, for inviting us to share our colour challenges, and for encouraging me to use my barstools as my colour challenge. And for the suggestion of glazing. That may be next. Stop by Funky Junk Interiors to see all the links to the Colour Challenge.

Post Title

Colour Challenge


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/10/colour-challenge.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List