Happy Thanksgiving and Fall Dining Room

    Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian blog friends and happy fall to everyone else. 
    We are celebrating with a big Thanksgiving dinner hosted this year by my youngest sister and family. They live in our neighbourhood, two streets away. Our dad, our niece's family, my brother and his wife, who all live here in town, and my sister from Sudbury will be joining us. We are supplying mashed turnip, tons of hot mashed potatoes, buns and pies. I made the desserts, two pumpkin pies with whipped cream, and two blueberry no bake cheesecakes in graham wafer crusts. I also decided to make my usual lemon meringue using ready made graham crusts this year. Nothing fancy, just lots for everyone to enjoy.


    Since we are not hosting dinner and I didn't make my pie crusts from scratch, I had enough time to add some Fall touches to our dining room. I made the simple little flannel quilt last year and used it as a table topper for fall colour and texture.


     The little pumpkin tureens were found at Pier 1 in clearance two years ago.


    A friend gave me the two tier black stand as a gift for sewing for her. I like the textures of it filled with a faux berry wreath and pinecones. 

     Yummy colours!

     I will use pinecones all year in my decor, but I especially like them from Fall through Christmas and the end of winter. Ontario has so many beautiful trees, parks and forests and seeing these pinecones reminds me daily of many wonderful outdoor adventures.

    Two crocheted tablecloths, ecru and white, found a spot on top of our china cabinet. I hope to find more pieces to add to my collection of vintage crochet and lace.


    I placed a sweet little candle, that I received as a birthday gift from a friend at work, on a Fall coloured plate and nestled it with a small berry ring and mini Indian corn.


     A few small fall touches inside the china cabinet. I plan to replace the fake pumpkins with real minis.


     Another berry wreath on the cabinet knob, and a grubbied courting candle on the cabinet edge.


    And once again, the Autumn stitching I made several years ago, and reframed, that hangs on an entry wall. I hope you enjoyed the little tour of some Fall fluffing at our home. 


    I'm linking to Funky Junk Interiors' SNS. This week's special theme is window sill decor, but since the window sills are so wimpy in our builder home, I'm linking to home decor. Hope you join us over there.

Post Title

Happy Thanksgiving and Fall Dining Room


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/10/happy-thanksgiving-and-fall-dining-room.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List