Textiles in White

    My friend Jami at Freckled Laundry is having her first linky party!
    I decided to join her air your laundry friday party using photos of items I have sewn for our home using white (or nearly white) textiles.
    It has been crazy here with the new puppy and this is my first chance to post since last week. I also have way too many incomplete projects to finish and photograph. I am so happy the weekend is finally here!
    Now for the tour of white textiles: 
    On our entry cupboard is a little ruffled runner made from muslin.
    The slipcovers with ruffled hem for the chairs in our family room are sewn from white denim. The ottoman cover is made from muslin but has since been washed several times and is a lot lighter in colour and has a loosely ruffled hem. I like it much better now. The pleated pillow is sewn from drop cloth fabric and the striped one from cotton.
    I used more pleated drop cloth pillows in the living room.
    And two white tone-on-tone patterned pillows (in our livingroom this past Christmas. I'm working on lots of changes in here too.)
    In the dining room I sewed drapes from cotton sheeting fabric with thin tone on tone stripes. It was very affordable and the double width made them really full.
    On the dining table is a ruffled table runner (below, on our previous dining set) sewn from moire 'waterspot' cotton left over from my wedding dress.
    I made a slipcover from white denim for a little upholstered bench. It is currently in our living room. I'm finding that I really enjoy having pieces that can be used in more than one room in our home.
    The windows in our family room and the kitchen patio doors are finally united by five white curtains made from linen tablecloths that only needed bottom hems.  
    Finally, a super simple drop cloth bow on a Christmas wreath. I couldn't resist adding this one. Did you know that I can hardly wait to decorate for Christmas? I could easily skip right by Halloween. Don't hate me ;)
    I hope you enjoyed seeing how I use white and off-white fabrics in our home. I have plans to add more white textiles to our home, especially in our bedroom and the guest bedroom.

    Edited to add Dec.27/10: I'm also joining The Drop Cloth linky party at Cottage and Vine. 

Post Title

Textiles in White


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/10/textiles-in-white.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List