Barn Photos in the Kitchen

    I have been working on being more intentional in the art and accessories I choose for our home.
         

    We have been busy decluttering and donating many items that don't have special meaning or the feel we want for our home. Stuff I was given or picked up at yard sales but really just ends up being clutter.  At the same time I am working on adding accessories and art that fits 'us' and that reflect our roots, history and interests.


    After adding the board and batten to our kitchen/family room wall, I decided that the long wall needed some artwork for interest. I ordered 8 x 10 enlargements of four photos I took last summer at a family member's farm. This farm in Grey-Bruce, Ontario is my husband and boy's favourite place to visit.


    I'm not a professional photographer and I'm still working on figuring out my camera (hence the blurry top photo) so these photos are far from perfect but they are exactly what I envisioned for this space. They actually look way better in real life.


    The gate has perfect layers of red and rusty chippiness. The barn is beautifully weathered black with the most gorgeous blue sky. I took a risk and tried my hand at photography and I'm really glad I did.


    Most importantly, these prints make us smile as we spend time in our kitchen. In a way that mass produced art couldn't. Have you taken any risks to make your home more 'you'?

    Cost breakdown:
    2 x 3pack of frames on sale at Michaels for $11.99 x2
    4 mats for $4.99 x 4
    enlargements of my photos on sale $1.99 x4

    I'm sharing my new artwork with SNS at Funky Junk Interiors.

    I'm also joining Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest. There are over 400 links so be sure to stop by.

Post Title

Barn Photos in the Kitchen


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/04/barn-photos-in-kitchen.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List