Vintage Cow Tags and Early Fall Centerpiece

    Cows and Fall just seem to go together around here so I decided to make a quick centrepiece to incorporate my newest etsy find and celebrate early fall.

    We are full into Fall Fair time with both of our boys in 4-H clubs (Dairy, Beef, Rabbit and Tractor.) Our family loves cows and farm related items and when I found these vintage brass numbered cow tags on Etsy I had to buy them. I think I have found a new collection!

    I tried to find 97 and 99 for the birth years of our boys, but settled on 77 and 99.

    The cow tags are surprisingly heavy and so different from the plastic versions used now. I especially like that the numbers are engraved.

    The cow tags are displayed on a square white platter with a simple wood berry wreath in Autumn colours, a pillar candle and some pine cones.

    Two large pinecones I bought last year add a natural element and more Fall colour. I love the wavy glass and bronze finish on the pair of lanterns.

    I removed the white table runner and if I can find some burlap I would love to make a more rustic runner for Fall.

    I will be sharing a tablescape using parts of this centerpiece later in the week. Have you started to add any fall vignettes to your home?

    I'm linking with...
    Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
    Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
    Fall Nesting Party at The Inspired Room
    Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
    Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors
    Fall in Love link party at Modern Country Style

Post Title

Vintage Cow Tags and Early Fall Centerpiece


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/09/vintage-cow-tags-and-early-fall.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List