Authentic Style~WhisperWood Cottage ~Sarah of A Beach Cottage

    I'm joining Amy at WhisperWood Cottage again for her Authentic Style series~this month featuring Sarah from A Beach Cottage.

    I shared my Authentic Style in this post. Amy asked if we "share similarities with Sarah's style?" A Beach Cottage is one of the first blogs I started following and I have been influenced by Sarah's beach cottage style to add some lakeside elements to our home. We are not anywhere near an ocean, but have numerous beautiful inland lakes and beaches here in Ontario so I decided to use accents with more of a rustic lakeside cottage feel.  

    I love blue as an accent colour and collect aqua mason jars. The wavy glass and colour reminds me of water. Using white in linens and draperies adds a bit of the beach cottage style to our home, that Sarah is so well known for.

    More shades of blue and white in classic miniature Muskoka chairs add a bit of lakeside colour and motif to a mostly white vignette in our kitchen.

    I recently added white walls to our living room and while Sarah has white slips, I am staying true to my authentic style in this room with a dark brown leather sofa but using white slipcovers on chairs.

    In our family room I went with the white slipcovers. I love the airy feel they add to our room (and the fact they cover outdated patterns), but I don't know how much longer I can live with them. Think teen boys and a chocolate lab! Not a good combination with white slipcovers, no matter how frequently they are washed. The canoe paddle is another hint to our love of the Canadian outdoors and beautiful lakes.

    Our ensuite bathroom has a beachy feel with light aqua walls, lots of white, beach stones and shells, and a pair of vintage seaside children figurines (a gift from my sil.) So although our home has a rustic farmhouse feel we certainly have a few lakeside beach accents, many inspired by A Beach Cottage.



    I am really enjoying the Authentic Style series at Whisper Wood Cottage featuring Sarah from A Beach Cottage and hope you get a chance to stop by to see all the other links. Thanks, Amy for hosting the link party and helping me to discover my own Authentic Style.

Post Title

Authentic Style~WhisperWood Cottage ~Sarah of A Beach Cottage


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/09/authentic-stylewhisperwood-cottage.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List