Met Monday Master bathroom ~~Adding some paint and accessories


    Welcome to Met Monday, hosted by Susan at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

    I would like to share my master bathroom update. We have lived in our current home for 10 years and while we have painted some rooms twice, our master bathroom ensuite went unpainted all that time. I decided on a coastal feel for this room and painted it a soothing aqua colour. My sister-in-law gave me the seaside figures for my birthday recently.
    We love to camp and spend time at the great beaches here in Ontario and hope to visit Cape Cod and Prince Edward Island soon.
    We have a large and deep oval Jacuzzi soaker tub and separate shower.

    I love to soak in the tub and read my favourite magazines. This bag holds them all neatly. Nothing like stepping out onto a soft cushy white bathmat.

    Although we have four bathrooms, my boys often shower in here. We have found the hooks to be more useful than towel bars~~the towels are less likely to end up on the floor! This past summer I was looking for chrome or black hooks and knobs for the lower cabinets. When I saw the price I decided to have some fun with a can of satin black spray paint instead.

    I love the colours of these antique mason jars. The glass is such a pretty blue-green and so wavy and irregular.
    Oops, time to add some more bars of soap! There is also supposed to be a small cloche with a birds nest in this photo (that rule of three), the kids must have moved it and I didn't notice :)

    I love love love white fluffy towels. My towels and facecloths in here are actually a mix of whites, blues and light brown but I forgot to take those photos. We added this tall cupboard for extra storage as our sink cabinet (not shown) is not that big.

    I love these little white wicker balls for the texture they add. I need to find the right spot for them.
    We still need to get a new light for over the sink and possibly a small chandelier for the center of the ceiling. A new non-builder faucet for the sink would be great too. I also hope to trim the plain builder mirror. If I ever get the courage, I will try crown-moulding too. So many ideas, so little time and budget. But, I will post more photos when we get these things done. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the other Met Mondays.

Post Title

Met Monday Master bathroom ~~Adding some paint and accessories


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/03/met-monday-master-bathroom-adding-some.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List