Dessert for Two - Foodie Friday





    Today I thought I would join Foodie Friday with an old standby and my family's favorite. Thanks to Gollum @ http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com for hosting this wonderful event. Be sure to go by her blog and check out all the wonderful Foodie items and collect a few new recipes.




    We are having dessert for two. I made my DH's favorite pie for dessert tonight. It is just a good ole' standyby, Chocolate Pie. I have an old recipe that my grandmother use to make and the chocolate filling is just so special, I thought I would share it.

    3 tsp. cocoa
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    Combine in sauce pan and mix well : Add
    3 cups milk
    3 egg yolks ( reserve the whites for the meringue )

    Cook stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat and add l tsp. vanilla. Let cool slightly and then fill baked pie shell. Top with meringue or chill and top with whipped cream.
    I hope you enjoy.






Post Title

Dessert for Two - Foodie Friday


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/03/dessert-for-two-foodie-friday.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List