First Ever Cloche Party - Welcome



    I am so thrilled that you've all joined me today for this first "Cloche Party". You all have so amazed me with how creatively you've decorated your cloches and apothecary jars and all the other wonderful containers that you use in your decorating and tablescapes. I can't wait to be inspired by your wonderful creations for this party.


    This is a cloche that I found at a yard sale. It is quite tall with a lovely little bird on the top. I put my pretty little white figurine inside and placed a pretty bow on the top. One rose laying on the side of the plate added some extra ambience.


    I thought my little lady looked quite proper and would enjoy a bit of tea so I set an afternoon tea up on the coffee table. The tea service is set on a silver tray that is resting on a lace tablerunner. I've used two of my favorite teacups and an old dish with pretty roses on it.


    For a different look, I used a stemmed cloche that I have with a few blue flowers and some lovely little birds sitting on a bed of grass. This gives an entirely different look to the tea party.


    Here I've used the large bird topped cloche with my little geisha vase and some forsythia inside to change the coffee table again. A few stemmed candle holders, a lovely plate and book totally change the table.


    A closeup look at the cloche.


    At the same garage sale that I found the large bird cloche, I also found this really small finial topped cloche. I already had a small container of sunflowers on the end table, I placed the cloche on a couple of books and put one large sunflower inside along with a small birdhouse that I found at the $1 store and painted and decorated. This adds more interest to the end table than just the container of flowers.


    This is how I had the two cloches decorated when I first got them. They're sitting on the DR buffet.


    I moved the stemmed cloche to a skirted end table for another different look. I've added a small pot of ivy and another bird figurine and I have a new look again.


    I love how the light makes the flowers and the birds glow under the glass.


    The same stemmed cloche was used in a previous tablescape post with just a few roses inside. It made for a very simple centerpiece.


    Remember this apothecary jar that I showed you with the apples inside that I've had sitting on top of the fridge, when I decided to change it I came up with a completely different idea.


    I used it to create the shell candle holder that I used in this tablescape. Now I am getting all the mileage out of this piece that I can. lol


    I have another apothecary jar that I put a little grass in, a small figurine and a few flowers. This is another idea that works well with my end table.


    The last idea that I could come up with so far is moving the bird cloche to the DR buffet again, this time it's paired with a small white vase filled with yellow flowers and a lovely little white bell. Both of these pieces came from the $1 store. Gotta love that place. My little white lady figurine looks like she could stroll through the garden.

    That's about the extent of my imagination so far, but I think there are dozens of ways these fun containers can be used. So I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your fabulous creations.

    I've set up a poll on the sidebar to see if you would like to have more "Cloche Parties". Please vote and let me know what you think.

    Thank you so much for participating and thank you for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.



    Be sure to publish your post and then sign in with Mr. Linky below. Thanks again for joining the party.

Post Title

First Ever Cloche Party - Welcome


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/06/first-ever-cloche-party-welcome.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List