Tablescape Thursday - Italian Ribs



    It's time for another Tablescape Thursday, and thanks to Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this wonderful event. It's always such fun to see all the wonderful tablescapes everyone has created. Be sure to visit her blog for a list of the participants and check them all out.


    When I went to the grocery store I bought some great ribs and some shrimp. I think we'll have a BBQ and have Italian Ribs and a shrimp cocktail. With that in mind I am doing my version of a little bit of Italy for the tablescape.


    The table is set for 4 with my new "big" candlesticks. The centerpiece is made up of different "faux" flowers I had on hand, and again I went big.


    I've used two table runners that are made from a beautiful crewel fabric with tones of camel, green and gold. I pulled out these colors to use in the floral arrangement.


    I used my rattan placemats and faned the napkins just for fun.


    I love using a platter for ribs. That way you have plenty of room for a nice big portion. My little square chef plates that I got at the grocery store work well with the platter and speak Italian to me.


    I placed one of my Pfaltzgraph cups at the top of the tablesetting for the shrimp cocktail with a small fork. I use this Pfaltzgraph Village set of dishes every day and I think I have multiples of everything they ever made. (I have a tablesetting for 32. Don't ask.!!!) These little cups have been used with the punch bowl, to serve ice cream, custard, jello and even as wine glasses in the past. They have probably gotten as much use as the plates. The amber stem glasses I got at Pier 1 years ago.


    It doesn't show up well, but there's an etched palm on the stemware. I really like how heavy these glasses are.


    I put feathers, grasses and a little bit of everything into the floral arrangement, and I really like the look and the colors.


    A view of the whole table. When dinner is ready I will move the floral arrangement to the end of the table so there's plenty of room for a big platter of ribs, baked beans and cole slaw. We can still enjoy the flowers while everyone enjoys the meal. I love to serve family style and I do have a huge matching platter, and yes the bean pot too plus of course a big bowl for the cole slaw.


    My cute little chef plates that you saw when we all went grocery shopping. They have so many pretty dishes there, but I just had to have these. They are by HD Designs. I'm also using my Paul Revere silverware.


    The platter is Pfaltzgraph Village. I started collecting these dishes over 30 yrs. ago and I use them everyday. I still love them and they wear like iron.


    A final view of the table. I hope you enjoyed it and I wish you were all here to have ribs with us.

    Thanks to everyone's response to the idea of a Cloche Party, we will be having it on Friday, June 19th. Remember the Target Birdie Party, this time it is with Cloches. Be sure to see my post "Cloche Party" and plan to join in all the fun. I can't wait to see all your fabulous creations. Click here to see all the details and read all about it. Some of the ladies are also going to include their apothecary jars they decorate, so be sure to include both if you want.


Post Title

Tablescape Thursday - Italian Ribs


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/06/tablescape-thursday-italian-ribs.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List