Metamorphosis Monday - Playing with Dishes



    Today is time for another wonderful Metamorphosis Monday hosted by the lovely Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to check out her fabulous posts and her blog to see what everyone has been up to this past week. I just know you will find tons of inspiration.


    I have a small home with large furniture and tons of windows which I love, but alas there is absolutely no room for a China Hutch. Now if you have suddenly become a dishaholic and want to play with your dishes and display them, this poses a problem.

    As you can see in this picture, there is NO room for a hutch in the breakfast area. I did put a few plates on the wall around the mirror.



    This is a view of the adjoining familyroom, and again not really any walls, but a lot of windows for wonderful light. I put a few plates on the wall space above the windows and between the drapes. A girls got to display her dishes somewhere, right?



    This is the entertainment center across from the sofa. This use to have a lot of books and things in it, but now it has some of my dishes, which almost all came from Goodwill. This is my metamorphosis. I rearranged all the dishes and knick-knacks. Now I know that's a pretty small metamorphosis, but it's fun to change things out a bit. Everything was mostly white and some rooster plates. I wanted to add some color.



    Ta-DA, now we have a little blue. It gives the room a little more color and I love being able to look at some of my blue and white things for a change.



    Doesn't it look different with a little blue. I love seeing something different since we spend most of our time in this area of the house.



    I like the blue in this side too. Makes me smile to see some of my great GW treasures.



    Since the unit sits next to the entrance into the kitchen area and it's all one open space, I don't think it looks too weird. Maybe should hold books and etc, but I really like it holding my dishes. lol



    Be sure to check out the button in the upper right hand corner of my blog for the wonderful Christmas in July party. She's got fabulous giveaways every week. Give her a shout out, she's really a sweetie and you will love her blog.

    Thanks so much for stopping by. Wish we could have a cup of coffee or iced tea and visit. Come again soon.

Post Title

Metamorphosis Monday - Playing with Dishes


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/06/metamorphosis-monday-playing-with.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List