Tablescape Thursday - Cool and Coastal

    New_size_125_tall[1]

    Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting another wonderful Tablescape Thursday event.  Be sure to visit her blog to see all the beautiful tablescapes everyone has created.  Such eye candy you won't believe.

    When I did my Metamorphosis Monday post showing the jar I filled with sea shells as an introduction to our "Cloche Party" ( click the button on my sidebar for all the details ), I'm sure you knew a tablescape was coming.  Now since I live smack dab in the middle of the desert, the only thing coastal or wet you usually see around here is the perspiration on my forehead.  lol  We spend a lot of time thinking cool, so a coastal look helps us make believe.

    100_1674

    I decided to create a tablescape with lots of glass and candles.  I use the soft blues and greens with a touch of brown in my "Summer Look" for the living room, you can see that pic on the sidebar.  This tablescape ties in beautifully with those colors.

    100_1647

    I turned a glass cake stand upside down and placed the jar on it for height, then used all the leftover shells  and glass beads I got at the Dollar Tree around the bottom.  The candle stems came from GW and Big Lots  along with the large glass pillars.

     

     100_1652

    I'm using the "Gollum" dishes as they're know in blogland.  The tablecloth is a striped linen that I found at Ross on their clearance aisle for $5.00 along with the blue placemats for $1.00 each.  The chargers are ones I've used several times before and I love the shape.  I layered blue and brown napkins I found at the GW, and the napkin rings are part of the dish set.

    100_1616

    The little shell candleholders came from the Dollar Tree also.  I thought they really added to the theme.

    100_1676

    100_1662 

    100_1654

    Thanks for stopping by.  Also remember to get all those containers out and do a little creating for the Cloche Party on the 19th.  Hope to see you there.

     

    Hugs Marty

Post Title

Tablescape Thursday - Cool and Coastal


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/06/tablescape-thursday-cool-and-coastal.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List