Met. Monday - Fall in the Kitchen



    One of my favorite days, a day we get to see what all everyone has been doing. Metamorphosis Monday is hosted by the gracious Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to visit her and find out what she's been doing and to find a list of all the other participants.

    Today I have to ackhowledge Kristen @ Kristens Creations for part of my decorations. I was so inspired by a rooster arrangement she did for fall that I tried a version of this for my own kitchen. You can see Kristen's fabulous fall kitchen decorations here. Her home is stunning and she is definitely the master at vignettes and floral arrangements.


    An overall view of my kitchen dressed for fall.


    This is my version of a rooster centerpiece with pumpkins, acorns, gourds, bittersweet and fall leaves.


    I've mixed the Dollar Tree pumpkins with the spray painted ones that I did. I used a Dollar Tree garland to twine in and around the arrangement and added a few feathers for whimsey.


    Flowers, grapes, pine cones and a little of anything I could find around the house.


    My little rooster cloche in the corner, a cheese dome filled with leaf bowls, corn and autumn leaf salt and pepper shakers on top of the bread box. Just enough for a little fall ambiance.


    A bunch of wheat always reminds me of harvest time and fall.


    Mums are one of my favorite fall flowers and apples for some great apple pies are another reminder of fall. Paired with a ceramic gourd and two fun boxes, this finishes this little vignette.


    The wood cakestand is a very special posession. My mother made it about 30 yrs. ago. She loved to do woodwork and had her own laithe and made so many beautiful things. I've filled it with a small fall leaf garland and 2 candle rings. I thought it looked like fall.


    This Daily Bread Prayer is a cross stitch that I did about 35 yrs. ago and has always hung in my kitchen ever since. A daily reminder to thank the Lord for all He provides.


    This is another needlework that I did many, many years ago and it always reminds me of fall with all the warm colors.


    Thanks again to Kristen for the inspiration for the rooster arrangement. I always find such fabulous inspiration from all of you.


    Don't forget about the Az. Blogger lunch on the 30th of October. If you havn't signed up yet, please let me know so I can make the reservation for the right number of people. I can't wait to meet you all.

    Thanks for stopping by, I really apprecite your visits.

Post Title

Met. Monday - Fall in the Kitchen


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/10/met-monday-fall-in-kitchen.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List