Tablescape Thurs - A Little Horsing Around



    Today is a super fun day and we all get to dig out all the dishes and "horse" around and figure out a new tablescapee. Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for again hosting this fun meme. Be sure to visit her and see her fabulous tablescape and a list of all the others.

    Today I pulled down from the top of the cabinets a little horse toy that I've had for years. This is just a reproduction, but almost an antique since I've had it for about 40 yrs. It has wheels that you can't see with all the greenery, and my children use to roll it around when they were small.


    A very simple table set with a green and white checked tablecloth and napkins and I am using yellow as the accent color.


    Faux flowers and greenery with a little rafia wound around the base.


    You can tell that he was played with, there are a few scars from childhood play. That makes it all the more special to me.


    I'm using green goblets that I bought many years ago from Pier One.


    Wood candlesticks with yellow candles and a little ribbon all purchased at Dollar Tree.


    A simple and fun table that my great-grandson will love.


    Each place setting is set with my white chargers from Penney's, yellow Federalist plates and the white plates has no markings, I found them at GW.


    A view of the entire table set with a lot of whimsey.




    Today I am also participating in the Doors of Welcome hosted by the lovely Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds. Be sure to visit her to see a list of all the wonderful participants.

    Our door is quite recessed, so there is not very much room for too much in the way of decorations, but everyone is always welcome.




    Just a couple of announcements that I know you will want to know about.

    For all of you that love to participate in the "Cloche Parties", you really need to go visit Lynette here. She is having her 1 yr Anniversary and her Pay it Forward giveaway and she has one of those GORGEOUS glass cloches with a little bird on top as her giveaway. You need to hurry and go enter. Lynette at Lynette's L.A.M. blog is such fun anyway, but this giveaway is really special.


    As usual I want to remind all of you to be sure and get me your lunch order for the Az. Blogger lunch. We need to order in advance. Thanks.

    Thank you all for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs - A Little Horsing Around


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/10/tablescape-thurs-little-horsing-around.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List