Closet love

    When we had our home built we sacrificed a walk in closet for a soaker tub and separate shower in the ensuite and a laundry room on the second floor with the bedrooms. Instead of the walk-in closet, we ended up with one very long closet (larger than the one shown in this picture) with 3 large sliding doors. Can I tell you how much I hate wide sliding closet doors? I. Hate. Them. California closets came up with this great ad that I may just have to steal some ideas from. First, the beadboard backing the closet. To die for. We keep our closet doors closed but since organizing is a big love of mine and I am not a clothes junky, I could keep my closet tidy enough to show off a bit. Maybe not wide open, but we could certainly show 'a little leg'. Also love the three tones of wood used in the closet shelving. Sort of an acquired over time look. I would probably add more draperies,so the drapes would be really full even if you did want to close it up.  I have one vintage suitcase and am on the lookout for more. We have an extra bedroom that I use as a workroom for crafts and sewing. It has a closet that stores out of season clothing and bulkier items like hubby's suits. We also have a small walk-in closet in the guest suite in our basement. For now, this is just a dream closet. We have way too many projects in the works, and way too little money to buy semi-custom closet organizers. But I will be keeping this inspiration photo for that day when I can begin to work on it. Would you ever consider open  or semi-open bedroom closet storage?

Post Title

Closet love


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/10/closet-love.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List