Ten Tasks in Ten Days~~The Results

    I joined the Shabby Chic Cottage's Ten Tasks in Ten Days Challenge and ten days are now up. It is time to reveal how far I got on the ten tasks I wanted to complete. The canoe paddle was sanded and distressed and hopefully has the aged look I was going for. And yes, I forgot the before photo but it was clear wood and highly laquered.
    I printed some numbers that represent our anniversary. And as two of my nieces so kindly pointed out, 725 is not only July 25th, our anniversary, but apparantly also a brand logo for Wal-Mart. I hand painted the numbers and they looked even better when they were distressed.
    The second project was to make some pillows with two fabrics for our family room. I'm always picking pillows up off the floor several times a day but love the detail they add to a room. I chose stripes for two other pillows.

    The coffee table project was two items on my list of 10. Sanding was done mostly by my 12 year old son. I used leftover Benjamin Moore Fresh Start to prime it and then it was painted with two coats of Benjamin Moore Black (a $15 mistint can that has been used on many projects.) It will probably get one more light sand and another coat of black, but my painting was interupted by Thanksgiving dinner for 30.
    Before:
    After:
    I like how it turned out, we have a lot of black in our home, even in the wild couch fabric print.
    This fuzzy mix of greens scarf I started to knit two years ago is finally finished. It is shorter than I wanted but I think I misplaced a ball of wool. The brown scarf I knitted is peeking out from under my arm in this photo. When I attempted to take a photo of it, my useless camera ran out of batteries AGAIN.
    I finished the drop cloth drapes for the family room and hung the curtain rods in the family room and kitchen but with no batteries, I was unable to post the photos.
     Two projects out of ten left to finish. Previously I had sewed dining room drapes but have not found a rod at a price I can tolerate so they are almost ready to go. We need to hang the peg hooks in both boys rooms for extra hats and their lariats. Be sure to drop by Shabby Chic's Cottage to check out many more Ten Tasks in Ten Days results. Thanks for stopping by and I would love if you could take a minute to leave a comment or suggestion.

Post Title

Ten Tasks in Ten Days~~The Results


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/10/ten-tasks-in-ten-daysthe-results.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List