Procrastinator's Party: The After Party

    My family room coffee table project for the Procrastinator's Party at The Inspired Room is finished.
    I started with a free table left over from a neighbour's yard sale. It was sturdy but although my style is a little rustic and I love rustic wood, the orangey coloured table was not what I had in mind. Our 12 year old son loves power tools and home improvement projects. He offered to sand it and I was hoping to get down to bare wood that I could do a combination of stain and paint on. No such luck. While he was sanding I quickly realized it was partly a simulated wood piece. Staining was not going to work. Oh well, what's a girl to do but make the most of it. Deciding between a creamy white and black, I ended up choosing black. We have lots of black accents in our home and I thought this would work well.
    After sanding I primed with Benjamin Moore Fresh Start (two coats). Lots of drying time between and then two coats of Benjamin Moore Black (a mistint can so I don't know the name).
    Both cans of paint were from previous projects and since the table was free this was a $0 freebie fix-up. This is not my forever family room coffee table, but it will do for now. And can you believe I actually chose the wild fabric for the couch and chair only 4 years ago!  I liked the colours (it incorporated the colours we use in our home, beige, black, blue and green) and had advice to pick a pattern so as not to show as much dirt. What was I thinking!!!! A $1500 decision that I would so love to be able to go back and change. I will do the big happy dance one day when these pieces head down to the basement sitting area and I can buy a new SOLID colour sofa to replace it. I did however learn from this and we bought a beautiful heritage leather sofa for our living room. I love love love that one. Thanks for visiting. Be sure to stop by The Inspired Room for more Procrastinator's Party: The After Party reveals.

Post Title

Procrastinator's Party: The After Party


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/10/procrastinator-party-after-party.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List