My Quilts ~ Flannel Plaid and Ticking Quilt

    The mini makeover in our basement guest bedroom is continuing. I made a whole cloth quilt with a large plaid flannel sheet and backed with a blue and white ticking stripe.

    The natural cotton batting is a really nice weight, neither too heavy nor too light and not too lofty.


    I've really been working on decluttering and I like the results so far. The night tables have already been changed to a cute pair I picked up at a yard sale last year and painted white. I'll update the photos once I hang the skis (from here).


    Changing to white pillows and sheets is something else I plan to do. Currently the sheets are navy and the bedskirt is denim. I love the mixture in my favourite inspiration photo below -frilly white cotton, ticking stripe and blue denim. 


    I also really like the landscapes in the photo below, from Country Living. I have collected three so far, but I'm not sure if the room will look too cluttered with a collection of landscapes and a photo gallery.


    Lots still to do but it feels fresher already.



    What would you do, landscapes, photo gallery or both (it is a large room)?

    I'm joining the Handmade Tuesday party at Ladybug Blessings.



Post Title

My Quilts ~ Flannel Plaid and Ticking Quilt


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-quilts-flannel-plaid-and-ticking.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List