Met. Monday - Rearranging Furniture


    Time for another wonderful Metamorphosis Monday hosted by Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to visit her blog to see what she's been up to and to find a list of all the participants who have great things to share and inspire us.


    I decided that I would like a little more seating in my Living Room. I want to be able to accomodate more people for a friendly visit. After much moving around, I was able to change things up a bit. The objective here is to use what I have.
    Below are pictures of what the Living/Dining combo looked like before I started. This is also my summer look with the lighter blue/green/yellow accessories. I have a large plant in the corner of the LR that I love, but it really limits the space for additional furniture.







    I had this leather chair and a small settee in our bedroom and it was really kind of crowded in there. I pulled the settee out first and hoped that I could make it work in front of the window, but it was just too big and really didn't look very good. Then I tried the leather chair, and ta-da, I think it will work. This of course meant changing around a lot of accessories. I also had a small plant stand that I was able to bring in between the chair and sofa for an extra lamp and could finally eleminate the really ugly floor lamp. Yeah!!!



    A few pillows and accessories, and I think it will work really well, and I can seat at least one more person.



    The chair is going to work just fine, and how nice that the leathers go so well together. Both of these chairs were bought used for $100 each a few years ago, and I have so enjoyed both of them. Be sure to look at used furniture shops, you never know when you will find a real treasure.



    Changing the candleholders out for the really "big" ones that I found also gives the DR table more importance.



    Of course I have to have my new tureen displayed on the buffet center stage. I really do love this piece.



    Rearranging furniture and accessories is such fun every once in a while. This room is a small walk thru LR/DR combo and so I am limited to just 3 walls. There's not a lot of different ways to place furniture. Still it's always great to have something different to look at for a change.



    The plant is being moved to the patio, I will really enjoy it there and my DH says it will be happy there. It will be in total shade, so hopefully it continues to grow. Small MM, but one that did change things up a bit. I will try to take pics and show the Bdrm with the changes in there for next week.




    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your comments and your visits. I hope you will visit again soon.
    P.S. Is anyone else having posting problems. This one says it was 2 days ago even though I just posted it today and then my 4th post has disappeared. I don't really understand what all is going on. Maybe someone knows.



Post Title

Met. Monday - Rearranging Furniture


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/07/met-monday-rearranging-furniture.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List