Tablescape Thurs. - Bringing the Outdoors In



    Yea, today is Tablescape Thursday. This is the day we get to play with all of our dishes, such fun. This wonderful event is hosted by the gracious Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to see another one of her gorgeous tablescapes and a list of all the other participants. I know you will be in awe at the gorgeous tables.

    Today I am using the fun Chicken Wire Lantern Cloche that I found at Ross. I've decided to do a little vignette inside. I'm practicing for the upcoming "Cloche Party" in Sept. Don't forget to round up all of your cloches and be prepared to join the party.


    I've used a tray that I also found at Ross to hold my little vignette.



    A branch from the yard, a birdnest, a few tiny roses and a sweet little bird sitting in the branch. Looks like the little guy is watching over his eggs.



    A couple of his bird friends are playing in the grass amid the ivy and roses. Two candles for ambiance and the tray vignette is complete.



    It's already been up to 116 here, so I wanted to bring a little of the outdoors in. It is just too hot to be outside.



    An overhead view of the table.



    I used a tablecloth with tulips to help bring even more of the outdoors in.



    Each place setting is set with Dollar Tree wine and goblet, everyday Rogers flatware, napkins from GW, Yellow Federal dishes from GW and rattan place mats that I've had for years.


    Thanks so much for stopping by. Practice with those cloches if you have one, or continue the hunt if you don't. Our next party is just a little over a month away. Don't forget that apothecary jars qualify too. I can hardly wait to see everyone's creations. It's been a really busy week and I havn't been able to make all the rounds and thank everyone for your wonderful comments about my guest post with Kathysue. I was so thrilled to have her as a guest and she was really tickled with all the sweet and gracious comments. Thanks for giving her such a beautiful welcome.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Bringing the Outdoors In


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/07/tablescape-thurs-bringing-outdoors-in.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List