Met. Monday - Rearranging Accessories



    Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for again hosting this wonderful event. It is one of my favorites. I love to see all the wonderful things everyone is doing. Be sure to check out her blog for a list of all the participants. You won't want to miss a one.


    When we retired we downsized to a home almost half the size of the previous one. There is not a lot of decorating going on here, mostly just trying to make things fit. This was a new house, so not a lot of remodeling either. I painted and did drapes when we first moved in, so for now we are done. Mostly what I can do at this point is play with accessories. When I lived in Oregon my home was decorated with a lot of primitives. I still have a few furniture pieces and a LOT of accessories that I can't seem to part with even though that isn't the style of this house. I love to use some of these antique things in my kitchen, so from time to time I switch things around.


    This is a picture of what the kitchen has looked like for a while now.


    Then I shared this wonderful new rooster cloche that my son got for me. I put a bunch of faux apples in it and had it sitting on the breakfast room table and used it in this tablescape. I thought it would be fun to play with it and see what else I could put in it.


    I pulled out a small antique granite coffee pot, a couple of faux eggs and a tiny antique tin of coffee and decided that I liked it. I placed it on the island where I previously had my black speckled rooster sitting.


    I stood back and took a look and decided this just didn't do what I wanted it to do.


    So off to look for more things and then to do something in the corner of the counter. I like this a whole lot better. I think it is a lot more interesting.


    A few more tin cans, a wire chicken and eggs, a painted recipe box and it started to come together.


    This looks better and it goes really well with my Grandmother platter.


    A couple more tins and 2 old syrup pitchers fit really well on top of the breadbox that my Mother made for me. I use it to hold recipe books. The speckled rooster on the side works out great.


    The coffee grinder was on the back counter, but I like it on the island for a change. Now I like the new look for something different. Very country looking, but things that I had such fun collecting with my best friend many years ago, so they bring back precious memories of time spent with her.


    I think this will be fun to live with for a while, and then I can always just change it again.


    Do you change out your accessories often? I have so many treasures that I love to play with and changing things around seems to always give me something new to look at. Ok, I am also shamelessly promoting the "Cloche Party" on Sept. 11th. Don't forget to get all your containers ready and be sure to get out all your stuff and play.

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits. I hope you'll come again soon. We're leaving in a few days for Oregon, so I will be gone for a week. See you when I get back.

    Hugs, Marty

Post Title

Met. Monday - Rearranging Accessories


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/07/met-monday-rearranging-accessories.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List