Met. Monday - Vintage Things



    Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for again hosting this wonderful Metamorphosis Monday. Be sure to check out her blog to see what she's been up to and to find a list of all the other participants. You're sure to find some wonderful inspiration and creative ideas.

    In my last post I set the date for the next "Cloche Party". Since most of you wanted to have one seasonally, I thought Sept. 11th would be a great date to introduce the Fall season and our fall decorations. I have been trying to make the rounds to let everyone know, but I was disappointed to see that Mr. Linky doesn't still display all the participants in the last party, so I really need to rely on all of you again to spread the word. A big huge thank you to everyone for posting the button on your sidebar. Anyway, I thought maybe I would try to change one of my cloches to give an idea of how versatile they are. While it is not decorated for fall, it is fun to play with. Show us some of yours before fall too.

    Below are two pictures that I showed in the last "Cloche Party" using one of my cloches. Just a simple vignette with flowers and a small bird figurine.




    This is the same cloche I used for a tablescape simply filled with roses.


    I decided to change it up and use a few of my favorite vintage things. Pearls, cameos, vintage jewelry, lace and a rose.


    The cameo shell is one that we brought back from a trip to the Bahamas. The two pins were my mothers. The pearls are costume jewelry that I love to wear, and a single rose and small lace doily finishes the arrangement.


    Just some vintage memories displayed on an end table, but it makes me smile to see it.



    Thanks so much for stopping by. I will try to work on some ideas for fall. Dust off all your cloches and apothecary jars and start to think about your fall creative ideas. The stores are already full of fall decorations, so now is the time to find whatever you need. It also makes me think cooler too. lol It is so hot right now, but eventually fall will be here and cooler temperatures. See you at the party. Be sure to post the Cloche Party button on your sidebar to remind you and to let all your friends know. Thanks, I appreciate it.


Post Title

Met. Monday - Vintage Things


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/07/met-monday-vintage-things.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List