Met Monday - Adding a Little Yellow



    Susan from Between Naps on the Porch is hosting another wonderful Metamorphosis Monday. This wonderful event allows us to see what everyone has been working on. Be sure to visit her blog to check out all the fabulous transformations.


    My metamorphosis is very small this week. I decided it was time for all the Easter and spring accessories to be packed away and bring a more cheerful summer look to the living room. I found a couple of bunches of yellow tulips at the $1 store and that started the change.

    Below is the living room with the fairy angels, tea set and easter decor for spring.



    This is the after. The froo-froo stuff on the coffee table has been changed out with a much simplier arrangement, bringing some bright yellow into the room.



    Dining room side of the room before.



    Dining room side after.



    End table before with moss ball.



    End table after with sunflowers. This spot looks so much brighter with the flowers, and I added one of my yellow plates from the GW.



    Sofa end table before.



    Sofa end table after. An old alphabet plate, brass planter with ivy and antique dish with yellow candy. Much brighter space now.



    Coffee table before was set for tea and had my angel fairies enjoying the scene.



    Coffee table after. I replaced the fairies with a pitcher filled with yellow and white tulips and replaced the tea set with a pretty yellow plate and botanical book. I kept the little pot of ivy and added a small votive.




    Dining table floral arrangement before.



    Dining table floral arrangement after. I changed out a couple of the flowers and added in a few yellow and white tulips. Now your eye really travels to the table. I'm amazed how the painting changes every time I change the floral arrangement.




    That's it. I didn't make any big changes, just kept the soft colors of the blue/green and added a spice of yellow. Changing the accessories out and simplifying the tables makes the room have a totally different feel and it didn't cost but $2, I just shopped the house for the rest. I removed a couple of pillows and added one yellow one that I had and that completed the change.


    Thanks for the visit. I can't wait for you to come back, I always look forward to you stopping by.

Post Title

Met Monday - Adding a Little Yellow


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/05/met-monday-adding-little-yellow.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List