Three or More Tuesday - Roosters & Chickens


    Thanks to Tam @ The Gypsy's Corner for hosting the fun event. Be sure to visit her blog to see all the wonderful three or more that everyone is sharing. You'll have a real treat.

    I never think of myself as a "Rooster & Chicken" collector, but as I looked around my kitchen I found that I do have a few. Guess I really am a collector. lol


    Starting with the top of the kitchen cabinets is a little whimsical rooster planter.


    Next are two wood carved roosters.


    This one is a Pennsylvania Dutch antique primitive carved wood rooster. Love this one a bunch.


    A small white ceramic rooster sitting on one of my antique scales.


    Two more sitting on the kitchen counter. A little blue and white rooster pitcher and my big fat white one that always makes me think he has his head thrown back and is laughing.

    For my final "Rooster and Chicken" reveal, I've done a little tablescape using some of my favorite ones.


    I am using my wonderful speckled rooster and the lovely little rooster planter filled with ivy as the centerpiece. I found both of these at Ross on sale. I love them and they usually sit on my island in the kitchen.


    For the tablesetting I am featuring my "chicken" plates as my grandchildren call them. lol Each one is different and they are such a valued treasure. They were a gift from my daughter over 25 yrs. ago.


    I love the wonderful red border on these plates and the colors in the "chickens" are fabulous.


    Boy are they plump.


    Proud and stately.


    They're proud too.


    The back of the plate says the haldon group - devonshire - mcmixxix


    A final view of each place setting. I've used the wicker placemats with a red tablecloth, clear glass goblets, cups and saucers with fruit border, white napkins and Rogers silverware.


    Thanks for dropping by. I really enjoy your visits and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Post Title

Three or More Tuesday - Roosters & Chickens


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/05/three-or-more-tuesday-roosters-chickens.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List