Today's Thrifty Treasures



    Thanks to Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality for hosting this fun event. Be sure to go check her blog to see a list of all the treasures everyone has found this past week.

    I don't usually do garage sales because I usually either see mostly clothes or furniture and I couldn't fit another piece of furniture in this house with a shoe horn. However I passed one the other day that had a big table of dishes, so of course I had to stop. I found a few treasures that I just had to have.




    Look at these wonderful candlesticks. I've seen similar ones at Home Goods and Ross but they were usually pretty expensive and I didn't want to spend that kind of money. These beauties are huge and were $3 ea. I think they're great on the dining room table. Love them.


    Now this was my REAL TREASURE!!! I am just crazy about it. A birdie topped cloche and glass plate. It is also huge, over l4 inches tall. I have been wanting a cloche and they are always really expensive. I know I've seen this one somewhere, but I don't remember where. I got this one for $10. I think that's a really great price. Ok now ladies, I don't know what to put inside it, so I need lots of suggestions and help.


    This is what I've done so far, a little birdhouse and some forsythia. It's ok, but I think could be a whole bunch better. Now since I see so many of you ladies have these wonderful cloches and have them decorated so beautifully, maybe one of you will do a meme and have everyone post their cloche and ideas on how to decorate with them. That would be a lot of fun and give everyone a lot of inspirational ideas. So, ok, who's game?


    I also got this small cloche and plate with the little figurine in it for $2. It is really small, but I just couldn't pass it up. I love the finial top on it.


    She also had these 6 bowls that are brown and white with a pretty farm scene on them. They say English Ironstone Ltd. I don't know the pattern name. If any of you do I would really appreciate it. You can enlarge the pic to see the details.


    They are wonderful soup bowls and all in perfect condition. These were $2 for all six.So my total came to $20 for the lot. I was really proud of myself. She had a lot of pretty furniture also, not my style, but obviously this lady had great taste.


    I love this pretty dish. It is my latest GW find. I think it will be gorgeous to serve rolls in or maybe napkins rolled with the silverware for a buffet. It was $4.

    That was my weeks shopping and thrifting treasures. I really think I did good.
    Thanks for stopping by, I so enjoy your visits and hope you'll come back soon.

Post Title

Today's Thrifty Treasures


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/05/today-thrifty-treasures.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List