Tablescape Thursday - Yellow & Cream



    Today we have Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch to thank for this wonderful Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to visit her blog and see the gorgeous tablescape she has created and all the other participants. You will find some really gorgeous tablescapes.


    My tablescape today features my newest thrifty dish find. It is a set of antique china. I looked the pattern up on Replacements and they say the pattern was made between 1921 and 1924. It is Noritake - Marigold.



    The stemmed candle holders came from my GW. There were 4 of them and I broke 1 on the way home. Boo-hoo. Oh well, three works well.



    The floral arrangement is done in a cut glass bowl with white and yellow roses, ivy for filler and forsythia. I wanted to keep everything in tones of yellow and cream.



    The candles and flowers were kept low enough for easy conversation across the table.



    The candles really light up the little yellow rosebuds.



    When I found the dishes there were 8 plates, 2 bread and butters, 1 platter, a gravy boat and 1 serving bowl. They are all in perfect condition.



    I set the table with all of the serving pieces. This pic shows the large oval platter.


    A picture of the lovely plates. They have a very soft yellow border with swags and small roses. There is a very intricate border near the edge and then banded with a very heavy gold edge detail that wraps part way around the bottom of the edge.
    You can click on any pic to enlarge and see the detail.


    The back of the plate says Noritake - Made in Japan - Marigold - U.S.Design - Pat.71436.



    The charger is a heavily embossed cream floral design that I found at Ross.


    Etched crystal and an individual tea light rounds out each place setting.


    The gravy boat has the saucer attached and is so finely detailed.


    The serving bowl shows how really heavy the gold detail on the border is. Such pretty and delicate pieces.


    A final view of the table with the candles aglow. The yellow tablecloth really emphasises the soft yellow tones of the china. I purchased this wonderful china for only $39.99 and the Replacements value would be over $250.00. Gotta love it when you find a real bargain. Yippee!!!!

    Some of you have asked how can I find so many bargains. I live reasonably near Sun City and Sun City Grand. There are very frequent Estate Sales as the elderly living there either pass on or go into a home. If something doesn't sell it is donated to the local GW near there. It always makes me a little sad to see some precious lady's things at the GW, however I hope it would please her to know that when I find them I do care for and love them. They all become wonderful treasures to me.


    Thanks for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits. Please come again soon.


Post Title

Tablescape Thursday - Yellow & Cream


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/05/tablescape-thursday-yellow-cream.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List