Tablescape & Thrifty Thursday - Crystal & China



    Today I'm once again doing a double post. Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this wonderful Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to go check out all of the wonderful tablescapes that everyone has created. You will be inspired.

    Also I'm participating in Thrifty Thursday hosted by Leigh @ Tales From Bloggeritaville. Check out her blog to see all the thrifty finds posted from all the participants.

    My tablescape today is using a lot of crystal and new (to me) dishes I found at the Goodwill. I'm experimenting with a less is more approach, and just using crystal and candles for the centerpiece. I wanted the dishes and placemats/napkins to be the center of attention.



    For the centerpiece I have used 4 glass candlesticks with green and pink tall tapers. They surround crystal cloches and apothecary jars with 3 pink roses for a touch of color.



    This is a view of each place setting. I love the elegant vintage look. Everything except the charger and silverware are some recent GW finds.



    The placemats and napkins are very delicate tissue linen and I just love the embroidered detail on them. The napkins were 69 cents each and I have 8.



    Isn't the shape of the placemat just lovely. It has such delicate detail all around it. The placemats were $1.25 each and again I have 8. One of them still had the original tag on it. It says Sferra - made in switzerland.



    The chargers are cream with very heavy embossing. The came from Ross on their clearance aisle. I was so lucky to find 6 of them by going to 2 different stores. They were on sale for $4.99 ea.



    I really like the new dishes I found at GW. They have a lovely gold rim surrounding a green border with beautiful pink roses. I was able to find 4 dinner plates for $1.49 each and 4 salad plates for $.69 each. I think they are so lovely.



    The back of the plates say Grace China made in Japan. I havn't been able to find out what the name of the pattern is. If anyone is famaliar with this pattern I would appreciate the information, I would love to try and find more. Kat from Emptynester just told me on this post that the pattern is Formal Garden and discontinued in l939. Yippee, thanks Kat.



    A closer look at the crystal and candles.



    An overhead view of the table at night. The crystal really sparkles with the candles lit creating a very lovely ambience.


    Thanks for stopping by, I do so appreciate your visits and I hope you will come back soon.


Post Title

Tablescape & Thrifty Thursday - Crystal & China


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/05/tablescape-thrifty-thursday-crystal.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List