Metamorphosis Monday - Adding More French Country



    Today is one of my favorite days, it's time for Met. Monday and a chance to see what all everyone has been creating. Be sure to go by and see our gracious hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch to see what she's been up to and to find a list of all the other participants.

    As I've said before, when we retired 4 yrs. ago we decided to downsize from our large family home that we had lived in for many years. We had very high ceilings, most around l4 ft., so that's why I have such really large art and the mirror in the living room is so large. Our new home is much smaller and cozier, and has a ton of windows that I love, but that doesn't allow for hardly any wall space. So consequentially I have a lot of wall accessories that I can't use. I've been in the process of giving the LR/DR combination a little bit of a French Country look. While looking through three Charles Faudree's books that I got at the library book sale, I noticed they used a lot of corbels and plates on the walls in most of the homes pictured. So, I just copied them. Can't beat a pro can you?

    This is a picture of the LR with some of the toile pillows I made for a little French Country look. To see all the changes and this post click here.


    This picture is of the DR wall. All I have is a large painting hanging on the wall. So, this opened up the opportunity to add a little something.


    Since I already had two corbels and two lovely ladies and some plates that I had collected, I decided to hang them all on the wall.


    Everything is something I found at GW a while back except for the corbels. This lovely lady is so pretty with her flowing gown and her pretty hat.


    This grouping hangs on the other side of the painting and has a different lady that I found at the GW also. I love all the gorgoeus detail to her pretty dress.


    I like it. A bit of the Charles Faudree look don't you think.




    The wall seems to have a little more interest with the plates and corbels with the ladies. Kind of finishes the space.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always enjoy your visits. Don't forget the "Fall Cloche Party" this Friday the 11th. You don't have to do fall decorations, just however you would be using your cloches and apothecary jars this season. I can't wait to see all of your creations.



Post Title

Metamorphosis Monday - Adding More French Country


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/09/metamorphosis-monday-adding-more-french.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List