Tablescape & Thrifty Thursday - A Dinner Party



    Today is one of my favorite days, I get to play with my dishes. Many thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this wonderful event. Be sure to check out her blog to see her wonderful tablescape and a list of all the others participating.



    Today I am also linking up with Leigh @ Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday since I am featuring a centerpiece I made using some plastic pumpkins that I transformed with a little spray paint to look like ceramic ones, and china that I found at the Goodwill.

    Tomorrow is my DH's Birthday, so I've set the table for a dinner party.


    I'm using the floral arrangement that I made with my painted pumpkins as the centerpiece. I've added some gold ribbon loops to give it a little sparkle. To see how I made the pumpkins, check out my previous post.


    The light coming in from the window makes the table glow.




    The brass candlesticks, the gold chargers and the crystal glisten so pretty with the sun shining through the window.










    Each place is set with an embroidered tissue linen placemat and matching napkin. I'm using gold chargers and I've scattered tea lights around for a wonderful evening glow.


    The crystal is an assortment that belonged to my Mother and Mother-In-Law. I don't know anything about the patterns ( I bet Bill does), but they are all at least 60 yrs. old.


    The china is Formal Garden - by Grace China - Made in Japan and discontinued in 1939. I found it at the GW on one of my very lucky days. I just love it.




    As it started to get dark, the candles give the table a wonderful sparkle and glow. I love the look of candlelight glistening off crystal.








    Once the family is gathered around the table, that will make it the most special of all.



    As a side note, many of you have also asked me where to find cloches. There are a lot available on the Internet, but sometimes the prices are a little high. I posted yesterday about a sale that Wisteria is having (www.wisteria.com). The have their bell shaped cloche with the pretty bird on top on sale. The small is $13 and the med is 8.5 x 12.5 inches and is $15. Just thought I would let you know if you are interested, check them out.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Tablescape & Thrifty Thursday - A Dinner Party


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/09/tablescape-thrifty-thursday-dinner.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List