Fall in the Desert



    In the desert we are just the opposite of most of you weather wise. You have had wonderful summers and a lot of pretty flowers and a chance to enjoy the outdoors. We have been up to 110 or much higher since May, so there are no flowers, a lot of things have died and the yard desperately needs attention. Since it's cooled down now to 99 degrees and the cooler temps are just around the corner, I am really ready to perk up the yard and start enjoying the outdoors.

    This is a picture of an area where all of the plants died. I cleared all the dead ones out and am ready to create a place to sit and relax.


    This is a little bench that I bought for $10 at a thrift shop a few years ago. A fresh coat of Antique White paint and it looks good as new.


    A trip to the nursery for some pretty flowers and trying to figure out an arrangement for some pots.


    I think this is going to work. I love the red geraniums and white petunias together. The smaller pot has Cabaret yellow in it and will fill out and drape down the side of the pots.


    Adding a couple of pillows that I've had for years and my little garden fairies and this is starting to look inviting.


    I've added a couple of pots on the edge of the patio, so I'm at least on my way to getting a few flowers blooming. Still a lot to go.


    I can't wait until these all grow and really fill out the pots and drape down the sides.




    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits and hope you come again soon.

    Hugs, Marty

Post Title

Fall in the Desert


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-in-desert.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List