From Honey Pine to Charcoal Grey

    The colour grey has finally made an appearance on our furniture and I'm really liking it.


    I decided to try grey on the night table in our youngest son's room.  The colour is a nice charcoal grey, two coats of a mis-tint of Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint and Primer In One with a Varathane Diamond Wood Finish in Crystal Clear (non-yellowing) protective top coat. The walls are not quite as bright as in the photos, but it is the kind of day that is either too bright or too dark. Oh, and I decided to take photos right after I threw the sheets in the wash today.

      
    The before -a honey pine finish night table given to me by a friend. It is solid wood and very well made, with the kind of thickly constructed drawer that stands up to kids and time. Definitely a piece worth keeping.


    Our 12 year old, J, is a fan of anything with wheels tractors/trucks/transports/cars and has quite a collection in his room. He takes turns displaying his current favourites on his night table.


    J was hesitant about letting me paint it (I love stained wood myself, but what is it about men, big and small, that they cringe over painting wood?) but finally agreed. He loves it now. I chose not to distress it because he just didn't 'get' that and I figure he will distress it naturally soon enough. I'm keeping an eye out for a pine headboard to paint to match. And working him up to eventually changing the wall colour.
    I'm linking up with:


    Primitive & Proper's Piece of Work Wednesday

    The Shabby Chic Cottage's Transformation Thursday

    Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday

    (I'm trying not using buttons this time, after reading a post at Prior discussing the visual clutter of buttons in link up parties.)

Post Title

From Honey Pine to Charcoal Grey


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/06/from-honey-pine-to-charcoal-grey.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List