Armoire Paint Colour Advice Needed

    I have been busy painting a few pieces this weekend and will post when they are finished. What I am really hoping for is some advice from all of you on a paint colour for this armoire.

    We bought the armoire for $75 on kijiji and it holds office supplies in the top and mason jars and large Tupperware on the bottom shelves. The armoire is in our family room, on the cathedral wall between the family room windows and the kitchen patio doors. Our walls on most of the main floor are Benjamin Moore Stone House CC-120, and our trim is Benjamin Moore Snowfall White OC-118.


    The wall colour is not gold like it appears in some of these photos. The armoire is pine and although I love stained pieces, this one is quite orange and clashes with the stained oak in the kitchen buffet and hutch (just to the left of the patio doors in the photo above.) I know I need to move the curtain rods over a bit so that the curtains are not crammed behind the armoire. There is lots of room to do it, I just need to remember.


    The photo below shows the board and batten short end wall directly across from the armoire (4 feet away.)

    I'm hoping my readers will chime in with an opinion on whether I should paint the armoire Snowfall White like the trim or a light grey or charcoal grey, black or aqua? I am nervous about the grey not going with the tan walls, but I know others like the two together (grey is my last choice right now.) I'm thinking the black will be too dark, although our kitchen farmhouse table and chairs and dining room hutch are black. Another possibility would be the aqua I used on my bar stools (in the photo above) and in accessories throughout our main floor, including both the adjoining kitchen and family room. The aqua seems kind of a fun choice and is on the lighter end which is what I think I will like more. So is the white but is it too safe a choice and up against the white curtains?

    I'm really looking forward to your opinions. Thanks so much!


Post Title

Armoire Paint Colour Advice Needed


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/06/armoire-paint-colour-advice-needed.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List