Our Kitchen


    I took some new photos of our kitchen today. While I dream of new cabinets, counters and hardwood floors, the changes we are making and the feel of our kitchen make me happy.

    I am so glad I decided to add the board and batten to the kitchen and family room walls and hope to get even more done soon. I love vignettes on the table, and love these old milk bottles that came all the way from Texas. Simple garden flowers add a lovely bit of summer.

    Stained oak and pine are not everyone's favourite, but we really like a few pieces throughout our home, like our new buffet and hutch shown here and here.

    Our eat in area is not huge, but we also have a dining room for larger crowds. Those locker baskets need a home somewhere and I just haven't decided where yet.


    My collection of white pitchers, dishes and platters is growing and I store them in both the kitchen and dining room. I like a mix of old and modern, in both age and style. I still love the farmhouse table and chairs I painted, here and here, but occasionally wonder if I should have painted them white.

    I have four more days of work before summer holidays (yahoo!) and then plan to finish the caulking and painting of the soffit board and batten that was put on hold this spring due to vertigo. I love that these shelves fill the space below the soffits.

    The aqua mason jars and miniature Adirondack/Muskoka chairs on the shelves add hits of my favourite colour -blue!

    More blue in the mirror over the sink.

    Hopefully in the Fall we can add white subway tile to the backsplash. 



    I still love the little beverage centre. It is so handy to have like items grouped together.

    We also have a small kitchen in our basement that was part of my parent's suite. I'm just beginning to toss around ideas for updating the space on a budget (we already gave away the appliances). I'm thinking of possibly open cupboards and more of a beverage centre/bar look. I'll be able to store more dishes and glasses here too. We have way to many projects to finish first, but I love collecting ideas.


    I hope you enjoyed our kitchen tour. Nothing expensive or fancy, but a great place to work and eat together.


    Freckled Laundry's Kitchen Link Party.
    You will be inspired by all the great projects!

Post Title

Our Kitchen


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/06/our-kitchen.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List