Armoire Paint Progress~ Primer and first coat

    I'm sharing a work in progress on the armoire in our family room today. You may be surprised by my colour choice after seeing this post.

    My ideas from that post and so many of the great suggestions I received in the comments suggested white, aqua, grey or black. But there were also suggestions for a french blue or more intense aqua that got me thinking.  I started with white primer but after the whole piece was painted I decided there was too much white. I decided against the black, aqua and grey too. Crazy, huh! Our tv sideboard will probably be painted grey and we already have a lot of black and aqua.  I decided on this pretty blue that reminds me of faded denim {LOVE DENIM}.


    Before:

    The blue looks brighter in the setting sun but is closer to the first picture. This is only the first coat, on top of white primer, but I really like it. To me it is a very happy colour.


    So what do you think, do you like the blue? Distressed (but I don't want the orangey stain showing through) or not? I will most likely wax it too. Looking forward to your comments!

Post Title

Armoire Paint Progress~ Primer and first coat


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/06/armoire-paint-progress-primer-and-first.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List