Silver and White, and Weird Weather

    I woke up early Saturday to head out to some yard sales. We had a houseful of family visiting for my niece's bridal shower, but I knew they've been here enough to be self sufficient.

    I was on a mission to find a George Foreman grill, as requested by my nephew who is heading off to college soon. The GF grill was found at the 5th garage sale I stopped at for $5. I also found this pretty white serving bowl, made in Portugal, for $2 (still in the wedding gift box it came in.) It's not vintage but it is dishwasher and microwave safe. 

    This serving set has a stainless steel blade but the silver is a bit tarnished. Picked up for $3 for the set. A fun hour for $10 and I still got back to the house in time to tidy up and get dressed for the shower.

    What crazy weather lately, too! My thoughts and prayers go out to the community of Goderich, near London, Ontario, that suffered so much damage with the tornado this week. Today we felt the Virginia earthquake tremor here in southern Ontario. And finally, to all of you in the potential path of Hurricane Irene, my hope is that you all stay safe.

    I'm sharing my thrifty finds with...

    Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm











    Twice Owned Tuesday at House of Grace










Post Title

Silver and White, and Weird Weather


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/08/silver-and-white-and-weird-weather.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List