Late Summer Shelf Vignette

    Dusting in the kitchen this afternoon lead me to some rearranging.

    With only a few weeks left of summer, I decided to keep the mix of blues and white and the summery feel with these Muskoka/ Adirondack napkin holders on the open shelves in our kitchen.

    I added the blue and white canisters and tea pot, Cottage Rose by Skye McGhie, to bring some more blue and white into the arrangement.

    The oval platter and white jug on the bottom shelf were garage sale finds for $1. I love finding pieces to add to my collection. I'm not sure if the Dairy sign is really working in this spot because I don't have red anywhere else in the kitchen.

    My aqua Crown mason jar collection will most likely be on display no matter the season because they are one of my favourite collectibles. I love the light from the patio doors and skylights shining on them.

    Arranging vignettes is not something that I am totally comfortable with. I am learning by viewing my favourite blogs and how they successfully arrange items, like having items at different heights and in this case raising the teapot on a stack of white plates.

    I added a little lace edged napkin for a bit of softness.

    The board and batten treatment above the cabinets STILL needs to be caulked and painted and I hope to get to that soon. I am enjoying the fresh summery look of these shelves and it won't be long until they will need a little Fall makeover! Have you started to incorporate some Fall in your decor, or are you like me and hanging onto every last bit of summer?

    I'm joining the following parties hosted by some of my favourite blogging friends:

    WOW Us Wednesday's at Savvy Southern Style.

    Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm.

    Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life.

Post Title

Late Summer Shelf Vignette


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/08/late-summer-shelf-vignette.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List