Vintage White Kitchen Scale

    Vintage scales have been on my list of 'want' items and I finally found one for a reasonable price.

    Number 2 son and I drove to meet up half way with number one son who has been away at a relative's farm for a week. We spotted some cool antiques on the sidewalk in front of Davie's Antiques in Harriston, Ontario and decided to pass some time checking it out. I'm really glad we did. I have had a bit of a hard time finding good antique places in southern Ontario and this one is my favourite so far. So many cool items in one good sized store with room to move around, too. If I had $1,500 to $5,400 laying around I would have bought one of the really cool primitive cupboards.


    Right away we spied this vintage Hanson portion scale. I've seen similar ones before but they were too pricey for me at around $50. I scored this one for only $20. I love that the white enamel and parts of the face are a bit rusty. It works too!

     I think it looks nice on the oak buffet and hutch in our kitchen (I still plan on changing the hardware to black.)

     I'm not crossing kitchen scales of my list in case I find another great deal. Maybe this will be the start of another collection.

Post Title

Vintage White Kitchen Scale


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/08/vintage-white-kitchen-scale.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List