Simple White Dishes

    White dishes are my choice when it comes to dinnerware.

    I am always inspired when I see pretty colours and patterns in tablescapes but over the past few years I switched to white. I love how it looks when I open our dish cupboard. Our boys are young teens now and don't need plastic, but I do keep some plastic cups in a basket in another cabinet for visiting great-nieces and great-nephews.

    Our everday dishes were replaced two years ago when I bought three 16-piece sets of simple white Corelle. They aren't expensive high-end names like Pottery Barn or Williams-Sonoma, but Corelle fits our budget and will still be easily replaced if a few break in years to come. They are also sturdy enough for teens and a dishwasher. Or teens emptying the dishwasher ;)

    On our last trip to St. Jacobs I visited the Corelle factory store and they had a deal on individual pieces if you bought more than 10. We go through large plates and cereal bowls really quickly so I stocked up on extras (for us and my sister.)

    We also have 24 white caterer's plates that I use for large buffets and casual family get togethers because they are sturdy and are cheaper than continually buying paper plates.

    Two years ago I also picked up four boxed sets, for a total of 16 place settings (PC from RealCanadian Superstore $10 x 4 boxes) for sit down dinners when I don't want to use the 'good' china. Actually, when I bought this set, I didn't have 'good' china. These have a bit more modern look.

    White is not the right choice for everyone, but I love it and we certainly have lots! I also have some collected pieces that are not white and I'm always keeping an eye out for lovely pieces. The best part for me is that it was all bought very inexpensively. Are you a pattern and color or an all white dinnerware type?

    I'm linking to
    White Wednesday at Faded Charm
    Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Post Title

Simple White Dishes


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/08/simple-white-dishes.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List