One Rise Bread and Cinnamon Rolls

    I made my first successful loaf of bread today, and cinnamon buns too.

    Successful because although I tried another recipe in the past, it didn't work at all well for me. I was encouraged to try breadmaking again after I read Kim's post of the recipe on Life in a Little Red Farmhouse (via Julie at Circle Cliff Views/The Harwards.) Thanks Kim and Julie! This recipe allows for all-purpose or whole wheat flours in your favourite combination. I chose to do half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour.


    I think part of the success, besides the recipe and great directions, was my new KitchenAid Professional stand mixer that did all the mixing. So easy and it worked!


    The photo above shows the dough ready to rise in the pans. At this point I had my fingers crossed because it just seemed too easy so far. I didn't have to worry, because it rose well and baked beautifully. Soft but cooked all the way through. Yum!


    I couldn't believe that I was out of icing sugar (I make my own birthday cakes so I usually have lots) so I improvised and put on way too much Betty Crocker cream cheese icing. They are delicious and we still have the large pan left. Do you think I should try freezing them?

    I'm joining...
    Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home

Post Title

One Rise Bread and Cinnamon Rolls


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/08/one-rise-bread-and-cinnamon-rolls.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List