Three or More Tuesday-Antique Scales



    Today is Three or More Tuesday being hosted by Tam @ A Gypsy's Corner, be sure to go by her blog and see a list of all the participants and the wonderful things they will be sharing. So many wonderful collections in blogland and you don't want to miss any of them.

    For many years I decorated my home with Primitive Americana and still have some of those pieces that I just can't seem to part with. I thought I would show you a few of the antique scales that I've collected.




    I love this scale. It has the greatest patina and the turquoise color is so pretty. The brass trays still polish up beautifully, but you can tell from all the dents that it has been well used and loved. In all the various homes that we've had, I think this scale has been in just about every room. I've used it to hold everything from fruit, candy to bath soaps and sponges.




    For now I have these three on the kitchen counter. They are all very different and were used for very different things.




    This one is an egg scale and they use to actually use these to measure the eggs to tell if they were small, medium or large. I also have an old wooden egg resting on it. Such a fun piece and always causes conversation.




    This little scale was most often used to weigh candy or nuts. I love how they put such fabulous detail in even the simple things of life.




    It is made of tin, so I'm sure not very expensive at the time and it is partially rusted, but look at the wonderful stamped design they put in the side of the base. So pretty and the little brass tray really dresses it up.




    This is a kitchen scale, while it is old, when I found it someone had painted folk art designs on it. I still love it's many uses and I often use it to weigh things.




    I love the pretty flower and scallop design painted on it. It's so nice to know that someone before me also enjoyed this piece and decorated it with some of her handywork and talent.


    Thanks for taking a look at my scales, and thanks for stopping by. I love it when you visit.



Post Title

Three or More Tuesday-Antique Scales


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/04/three-or-more-tuesday-antique-scales.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive