Tablescape & Thrifty Thurs. - Sunday Dinner



    Today I'm doing a double post. Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to visit her and see her lovely tablescape as well as everyone that's signed up to join her. Such a feast for the eyes.

    I'm also participating in Thrifty Thursday hosted by Leigh @ Tales From Bloggeritaville. Also go by and visit her to see her wonderful thrifty finds and a list of all the fellow thrifty gals posts. They always show us such great bargains.




    My Tablescape today is Sunday Dinner. I'm using a mix of old, new and thrifty finds. Our menu will be Prime Rib, Yorkshire Pudding, AuJus and Lemon Asparagus Spears. I will be using Sterling Silver as the serving dishes. Some were my mothers, some my mother-in-laws and some are mine. I have quite a few Sterling Silver serving pieces and I am so glad they're coming back into fashion, because I love to use them. They have the most wonderful patina and make the simpliest meal seem elegant. Just click on any picture to enlarge.




    The color scheme is white, cream, black and silver.



    The centerpiece is a mix of flowers arranged in a Paul Revere Silver bowl with glass candlesticks and cream candles. This picture also shows some of the silver pieces.



    This shows a view of the place setting, etched crystal and more silver serving pieces.



    I'm using the cream floral plates that I found at Home Goods as chargers. They are really oversized. I love the intricate detail to the design. They were in the clearance aisle marked down to $4.99 each. I went to 2 different stores to find 6.



    The black and cream plate I know many of you also have. I just purchased these at Marshall's on their clearance aisle for $1.00 each. If you need more be sure to check it out now while they still have a few.



    I'm mixing several different patterns of etched crystal stemware. I love all of them and I love to mix them together.



    The buffet table is set for dessert. We will have assorted Peti Fours and Strawberry Pie with Coffee for dessert.



    I've elevated the coffee service by placing it on top of a silver pedestal cakestand. The three tiered server will hold the Peti Fours, and the strawberry pie will be placed in the silver pie cradle.


    Thanks for joining us for Sunday Dinner. We so enjoyed your company and look forward to you coming back soon.



Post Title

Tablescape & Thrifty Thurs. - Sunday Dinner


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/04/tablescape-thrifty-thurs-sunday-dinner.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive