Tablescape & Thrifty Thursday - Weekend Breakfast



    Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this wonderful Tablescape Thursday. This is such a special event because we get to see all the wonderful dishes and tablescapes everyone has come up with. Be sure to check her blog for a list of participants.

    Also go by to see Leigh @ Tales From Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday. I think this qualifies since most everything came from the Goodwill or are things I've had for years. That's thrifty isn't it? Anyway be sure to check out her blog to see all the great thrifty finds and ideas everyone has to share.


    Today my tablescape is for a weekend breakfast done in yellow, white and green.




    The planned menu for our breakfast is French Toast, Bacon, Orange Juice and Coffee. We will be eating in the breakfast room.




    The centerpiece is arranged in a really pretty vase that I found at the GW for $2.00 and is filled with faux sunflowers and greenery. I couldn't find anything fresh at the market, so these will have to do.




    All of the dishes I found at the goodwill. I decided to use the brown tortoise charger plates that I found at Pier 1 years ago. The green glasses are ones that I've had for years along with the green and white checked napkins. The napkin ring is green marble. The tablecloth is a white on white check linen.




    The plate has a basketweave design around the edge and is by Home Trends. I think these were about $1.00 each at the GW.




    The yellow plates I found a couple of weeks ago at GW for .50c each. They are Buttercup Federalist Ironstone. I am so excited that I just found the matching plates and bowls. I now have a whole set of 6. Yeah!




    The cups and saucers are Gibson and have a fruit and flower motif. These are also GW finds.




    I am using my Villeroy & Boch Piemont Estivo plate that I also found a couple of weeks ago at GW for $1.99. Love this plate, I would love to find more. I am using it to serve the french toast and bacon.




    The syrup pitcher has a leaf and acorn design and says MSE on the bottom. Another GW find. I will make homemade maple syrup and serve it warm.




    The cream and sugar were my grandmothers milk glass set. I love these. She used these almost everyday.


    Well, there you have it. Thanks for coming by for breakfast, I hope you enjoyed it. I loved your visit and hope you will come back soon.



Post Title

Tablescape & Thrifty Thursday - Weekend Breakfast


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/04/tablescape-thrifty-thursday-weekend.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive