Attacking my Studio

    I've been busy painting today.
    My hobby room, our fourth bedroom upstairs, is getting a facelift. The new paint is the darker taupe colour and the previous lace something colour is just visible to the right of the ladder. It is a custom mix (a mistint, a white and some leftover paint from our family room) and I think the colour turned out well in real life. The colour in the photo is not accurate because the old sheet on the table is actually a bright yellow. We started last year by picking up some used kitchen cabinets and anchoring them to the wall. We had to split them up because studs were not where we needed them to be. My husband and I put them up on our own and although they are well achored, we are new at hanging cabinets.
    A before:
    I will be adding beadboard wallpaper, as Rhoda did, to the sides of the cabinets and adding some trim before I paint them.
    Another before of the paper/scrapbook area:
    I plan to paint the cabinets 'Cloud White' by Benjamin Moore in late spring when it warms up enough to sand and paint outside. If I become impatient, I may sand them in the garage on a fairly warm day, and bring them indoors to paint.
    This pine shelf will be painted Cloud White and distressed.
    I'll use aqua and turquoise to paint some pieces and many other accessories are already black. I will be spending very little money because I'll be using many things I already have. Organizing my supplies is always an important part of the process for me. I like to be able to find my 'things' but I have learned I create best with a tidy space. Putting most supplies behind closed doors will be a big step in the right direction. I may use this large Amish print on the wall, a favourite of mine and much more suited to the room where I quilt.
     
    I had better get back to painting because the above fireplace wall in the family room is on our list. Oh, what to do with that off center fireplace?!!!! (Besides painting out the brass)
    I'm joining Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special. Thanks Donna!

Post Title

Attacking my Studio


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/attacking-my-studio.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive