Tablescape Thurs. - Cake and Coffee



    Today we get to play with our dishes again thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. She always shows us the most amazing tablescapes and you'll also find a list of all the other participants. Be sure to check out her blog for tons of inspiration and eye candy.

    Even a simple cake and coffee gathering can be pretty and made to look a little special.


    Everyday dishes, these are the famous Big Lots dishes, can be dressed up with a little lace, silver, flowers and a beautiful cake plate.


    A little tip for your flower arrangements. This is the backside of my Dining Room arrangement. It is fairly plain, so just a few colored stems to compliment the cake plate makes it look special and are easily removed when dessert is over.


    This is the side that you see the most of on my table. Since some of the more prominent flowers are quite expensive, I chose to display them from the side that is seen the most. That allows me to save a ton of money and still have an arrangement that can change with just a few additions or substractions.


    Instead of using a standard cake dome, I chose to use a cloche to give the cake plate a little more elegance and prominence. ( I am also promoting the upcoming cloche party on the 19th of Feb. See my sidebar for details.)


    This is by far my most favorite cake plate. I won this in a giveaway that Laurie @ Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie had last fall. I just love the beautiful colors and the gorgeous flowers on this cake plate. Laurie also has the most fabulous blog. If you don't know her, then you have missed a ton. She has gorgeous things and displays them beautifully. You really should visit her blog.


    It also has the most wonderful cake server. I have used this cake plate constantly since I won it, I just don't think I've shown it to you in a tablescape.


    My silver coffee service is one that I have had for many, many years. It is very simple, but I love the curvy lines of it. It makes the coffee seem special.


    A simple bundt cake with a drizzle of frosting looks so much more gourmet under the cloche and served on a lovely cake plate.


    Dessert is ready. Won't you join me for a piece of cake and a cup of coffee?


    Pull out those special cake plates and your silver and use it. It really does make the simpliest of tables seem so special.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate your visits.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Cake and Coffee


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/tablescape-thurs-cake-and-coffee.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive